Join our head farmer, Val for this interactive romp through Heartwood's livestock pastures and orchards. At each stop along the way, we will enjoy cider, and Val will share the How and Why of our diverse, regenerative farm. This flexible adventure changes through the season and is geared at adults and youth but appeals to the curious and engaged kid in ALL of us! Gather at our woodland patio to enjoy a warm Heartwood welcome before we head out on our walking tour. You will have the chance to:
Taste some of Heartwood's own farm-crafted ciders (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Visit numerous zones on our farm that demonstrate regenerative farming innovations
- Interact with the animals -- cuddle a piglet, feed the sheep and llamas.
- Hike through the fields to visit the cows and calves
- Learn about the role each animal plays on the farm
- Pick a wildflower bouquet in the cow pasture
- Taste ripening fruit right from the vine, shrub or tree in our labyrinth orchard
- Explore at your own pace, and feel free to ask lots of questions!
No dogs please (farm animals find even the cutest ones stressful!)
Come prepared for the weather that day -- sunscreen, water bottles, bug spray, rain coats might all be appropriate! Long pants and closed shoes make exploring "off the beaten path" easier too.
Extend your visit and Book a patio table for your group before or after your farm adventure.
We are happy to accommodate a custom date/time or a private tour for groups (minimum of 8 guests). Reach out to email@example.com to inquire!